Friday, January 11, 2013

Roy's Walking Papers

So, Fr. Bourgeois has received his walking papers from Rome.

I am not now nor will I ever in the future engage in that issue here. I have my perspective on it and I will leave it at that. I will however address Roy Bourgeois. I've heard him speak on this issue - he does not present a theological case for his stance and his overly dramatic bouts on this issue. He furthermore does not make much of case on generally intellectual grounds - it is more emotionalism that fits the mood of the supporting crowd.

Bourgeois has made this his drama. He has made every dramatic action available to him in support of an issue for which he has yet to provide any substantial philosophical or theological case. He has, then, much to be accountable for. Bourgeois touts women's ordination in the Catholic Church as a social justice issue. Perhaps further evidence that Bourgeois mind is theologically, philosophically and sociologically confused. THIS, this is it, this is your social justice issue, Roy. Looking around the world, looking at the manifest evidence of the human condition, THIS is what you've chosen for a soapbox? I have to believe, all things just and justice considered, Roy's sense of social justice is just a bit distorted.

My two cents.